Resources / Links
Articles on Blind Horses:
Practical Management of Blind Horses. Written by Dr. Ann Dwyer, a New York equine veterinarian, this is a chapter from the recently published book Equine Ophthalmology.
Leading the Blind. An excellent and very informative article by Laura Hillenbrand in Equus magazine. A must-read if you have a blind horse.
Books on Equine Ophthalmology:
Equine Ophthalmology, by Brian C. Gilger (Just published in February 2005.)
Ophthalmology for the Equine Practitioner, by Dennis E. Brooks
Presentations on Equine Ophthalmology:
Dr. Dennis Brooks, Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Florida's College of Veterinary Medicine, has posted several PowerPoint presentations on various equine eye disorders. To see these presentations, click here.
Additional Eye Information:
• American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
• Equine Ophthalmology Service, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University
• Ophthalmology Service of the University of Florida’s College of Veterinary Medicine
Another Blind Horse Sanctuary:
There is one active news group on the Web devoted to blind horses
• Yahoo Groups — Blind-Horses2
Other General Equine Sites:
• The Horse
• Today’s Horse
• American Quarter Horse Association
• Western Horseman